Community learning has gained popularity in the consumer space with sites like YouTube. But corporations have shied away from user-generated videos because consumer tools lack the security and control required by the enterprise.
The Kontiki Solution for the Social Enterprise
An organization can’t claim to be truly “social” without embracing video as a core component of their social media efforts. Kontiki’s powerful delivery technology brings high quality video to the social enterprise. It is the perfect complement to your internal collaboration initiatives. Kontiki’s flexible Enterprise Video Platform helps transform your business into a true social enterprise in a number of ways.
- Kontiki’s VideoCenter application is like YouTube for the enterprise. Now employees can generate videos to share best practices or regional information with the entire company. Everyone in the company is able to benefit from this collaborative environment, which is accessible via any web browser or mobile device. Because Kontiki runs securely on your existing network, companies are assured that confidential information stays in the right hands. And, with robust viewership reporting and enterprise-grade control of access and publishing rights, management can determine the appropriate content and viewers.
- Kontiki also enables easy integration with your existing social software application or content management system. Kontiki offers the following integration options:
- RESTful Application Programming Interface (API): Enables direct application integration or custom widget / web part / web page development.
- Kontiki SharePoint Web Parts: Kontiki developed SharePoint Web Parts for integration with Microsoft SharePoint.
The Kontiki solution can integrate with social software applications, such as Chatter, NewsGator, Yammer, and Jive, but can also integrate with other third party collaboration or content management applications, such as Microsoft Sharepoint, or any Video on Demand portal. Kontiki is committed to our integration services and we’ve partnered with a number of third party applications in order to offer a comprehensive social experience for users. Here are just a handful of the companies we’ve integrated with:
Customers in Action
- A top tier automobile company wanted to create enthusiasm for their brand and generate new ideas to promote their next new line of cars. Using Kontiki’s Enterprise Video Platform, they ran a worldwide contest soliciting employee generated commercial videos. Enthusiasm was high as employees posted their own commercial entries and voted online for their favorite videos. Based on the polling results they are now producing a real commercial based on the winning video submitted by an employee.
- A leading investment institution wanted to know how employees saw their brand — Kontiki enabled them to run a program asking employees to upload their own creative videos on what the brand meant to them. They were surprised and pleased to see the number of creative entries, some of which featured songs and dances defining the company. They have used this information to help refine their branding initiatives.
- A large commercial manufacturer builds their products in multiple manufacturing facilities. Some parts are made in Taiwan and other parts are assembled in South America. They worried that many of their employees did not have visibility into the creation of the whole product. They gave employees in each location use of a HD video camera to show their portion of the process, specifically how their part is supposed to work or be put together or taken apart. The videos were uploaded and shared using Kontiki’s Enterprise Video Platform so that employees across the globe could share their specific knowledge. Now employees learn techniques from disparate groups and work together to come up with collaborative solutions.
With over 100 million videos delivered in over 170 countries annually, leading companies are leveraging Kontiki solutions for live all-hands meetings, crisis management, company news, leadership extensions, training, divisional communications, success announcements, employee development, and more.