Kontiki Solves the Video Content Delivery Problem
In large distributed businesses, it becomes very costly and impractical to have sufficient bandwidth at the edge of your network for video streaming. Kontiki overcomes the major challenges of streaming video to large numbers of users regardless of their location or available bandwidth. The solution is completely cloud-based and utilizes your existing network infrastructure—no hardware caching appliances to deploy and manage, no bandwidth upgrades, and no streaming servers to distribute geographically.
Efficient Video Content Delivery Network
To ensure optimal bandwidth utilization throughout a widely distributed enterprise network, Kontiki’s Enterprise Video Platform uses our cloud-based Enterprise Content Delivery Network (ECDN). Kontiki is a centrally-managed enterprise video delivery platform, with permanent seed servers running in the cloud and a lightweight software client running on each user’s PC. The combination of Kontiki’s software client and cloud-based server infrastructure provides an enterprise with a scalable, secure, fault tolerant and highly efficient solution to stream video with 100% reach across your global corporate network, enabling every employee, regardless of their location, to experience high quality video viewing.
With Kontiki, high quality video does not require any network upgrades, bandwidth upgrades, caching servers, or any other hardware deployed with our customer’s networks. There are three key elements to the breakthrough technology that enables Kontiki to deliver high-quality video content to large employee audiences over your existing network infrastructure:
- Peer-assisted Delivery: Every client computer acts as a server, ensuring only one copy of a stream will traverse the WAN into each office location, regardless of how many users make a request, thereby preventing network overload. Peer-assisted delivery is not peer-dependant, which means if peers are unavailable, a copy of content is always available from Kontiki’s centrally managed origin servers, guaranteeing reliability.
- Topology Awareness: Using real time performance monitoring, Kontiki streams video content using the most efficient routes across the enterprise network while maintaining the highest quality of service possible. Kontiki’s solution will adhere to centrally managed policies, ensuring the most efficient, timely and complete delivery.
- Dynamic Throttling: The patented Kontiki Delivery Protocol (KDP) is an intelligent video content delivery protocol that dynamically throttles lower priority on-demand video streams when other traffic fully utilizes the WAN. This enables Kontiki customers to send high-quality video content to any employee regardless of their network location, such as those in small branch offices, without negatively impacting business critical traffic at those locations.
Video Content Delivery Network Benefits
- The most efficient method of delivering live and on-demand video content to 100% of employees across the modern enterprise network
- Dramatic cost reduction in both upfront capital and ongoing maintenance expenses
- Quick deployment time that is measured in days or weeks vs. months or years
- Unmatched end-to-end-security — from creation/upload process, to access control, to video content delivery, to encryption on the endpoints
- Great end-user streaming video experience
- Leverages your existing network infrastructure
Kontiki’s video content delivery network has enabled leading global companies to deliver video content efficiently to every employee on their existing network. Our solutions empower enterprises to realize their video communication vision.