As live video becomes a standard tool in the enterprise, it’s important to select a tool that will allow your users to easily create and manage live events. Kontiki offers a live video solution called Kontiki Webcaster. Here are some good reasons why you should choose this solution:
1. Efficient Video Delivery
The Kontiki Webcaster allows companies to meet all their employees, regardless of their location. This video portal can also deliver your videos and files clearly, without experiencing buffering or poor resolution and on any type of computer and smartphone.
2. No Upgrading of Hardware
Kontiki’s cloud-based Enterprise Content Delivery Network (ECDN) is designed to navigate complex corporate networks. With Kontiki Webcaster, there’s no need for you to purchase additional hardware or upgrade bandwidth.
3. Easy Access on Videos
Kontiki offers an intuitive user interface. This makes discovering and opening videos easier for the employees. The Kontiki Webcaster is also accessible on all web browsers, including mobile devices.
4. Secured and Control
With Kontiki’s active directory, SAML, corporate LDAP integration for federated services and access control features, your videos are all secured and safe. Kontiki also offers specific features that can be turned on or turned off to control the number of viewers.
5. Social Video Features
The Kontiki Webcaster has social interactive features that allow users to like, tag, add a comment, give a rating or share the video.
Kontiki is capable of building a video culture that will suit your organisation or company. Some of their products include the employee video portal with social media capabilities, video on-demand and live video webcasting, to name a few.
If you have any questions, please contact Kontiki on +44 (0) 800 242 5602. You can also email your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always happy to help!
Kontiki offers an interactive online video platform that can respond to the needs of an enterprise. Here are 5 essential features of the Kontiki online video platform:
1. Content Management
The Kontiki online video platform enables users to work with videos easily. Here are some of its content-related features:
- It allows users to manage and edit content without changing the URL
- Any video format is acceptable
- It can easily manage on-demand videos
- It supports multi-language and subtitles
- It allows users to access both public and private content
2. Desktop and Mobile Support
Users can access the Kontiki online video platform using desktops and gadgets such as tablets, smartphones, etc. They can upload any video content or any type of document based on a VoD (Video on demand) format. VoD allows users to watch videos and listen to audio content at a specific broadcast time.
3. Social Media Friendliness
The Kontiki online video platform can be used on social media. It allows users to like, share, comment and rate video or audio content on social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn etc. However, all of these activities will be subject to the administrator’s approval.
4. Analytic Reports
The Kontiki online video platform provides day-to-day, in-depth analytical reports per activity. This enables users to track viewership on a numerical basis and content consumption through a user-friendly interface. With the help of Kontiki Analytics, users can easily see specific views including the video duration, average duration of view, view start times, etc.
5. Actionable Moderation
Users are required to set-up a channel and are also required to comply with the terms and conditions of Kontiki to be able to moderate content. You can review your content prior to publication to assure its quality.
Partner with Kontiki to experience a better online video platform. Call us on +44 (0) 800 242 5602 for more information.
By Kevin Crayton – VP of Product Management
When developing an enterprise video strategy, organizations have to make the decision of whether they should support on-demand content, streaming or both. Each of the solutions has its benefits and its disadvantages. Aligning these attributes with operational needs is vital to making the most of your video strategy.
Pros of on-demand video
– Simpler content delivery: In many cases, it is easier to deliver on-demand content through the network because users can access it whenever they want, not just during a streaming event or period when the stream is available. Because of this, the video tends to have less of an impact on the network and is less susceptible to problems with latency and dropped data packets.
– Employees can watch at their leisure: It can be difficult to get workers to view content at specific times. Most employees are extremely busy and do not want to have their days disrupted by video. On-demand content is placed in a repository where workers can access it at their convenience, making it easier to align with business processes. Continue reading “Pros and cons of on-demand video”