Chatter customers are now empowered to experience integrated, high quality Kontiki video from within Salesforce Chatter
Sunnyvale, Calif., January 15, 2015– Kontiki, a leading provider of cloud-based enterprise video delivery, today announced it has launched Kontiki Stream for Chatter on Salesforce AppExchange, empowering businesses to connect with customers, partners and employees in a whole new way. Kontiki Stream for Chatter helps deepen collaboration and engagement for Chatter users by integrating high quality, secure and scalable enterprise-grade video directly into the respected enterprise social network.
Built on the Salesforce1 Platform, Kontiki Stream for Chatter is currently available on the AppExchange at www.appexchange.com.
Kontiki Stream for Chatter Key Features
Operationally certified since July of 2014, Kontiki Stream for Chatter empowers Chatter users to utilize video to further extend their social enterprise interactions. Users don’t need to learn a separate tool; they just operate within the interface they’re familiar with to share, comment and collaborate using video. Kontiki is a cloud-based vendor for storing and streaming corporate videos designed to be more secure and to integrate seamlessly with corporate directories through SAML and Salesforce’s Canvas API. When used in conjunction with the pure-software, cloud-based Kontiki Enterprise Content Delivery Network, companies can avoid expensive CDN costs and network congestion associated with video streaming.
Comments on the News
- “Our strategy at Kontiki is to provide the best video experience for our enterprise customers, which includes bringing the best video quality to important collaborative applications, like Chatter. Our customers are increasingly embracing Chatter and see a logical fit between Chatter’s collaboration functionality and Kontiki’s pure-software, secure, and network-friendly video storage and streaming, which reaches all employees, regardless of geography,” said Dan Vetras, President and CEO of Kontiki. “Now, enterprises can search, share, chat about and work with their valuable corporate videos, all within Chatter and all delivered via the Cloud.”
- “Companies are looking to transform the way they connect with customers, partners and employees to thrive in today’s connected world,” said Ron Huddleston, senior vice president, global AppExchange and partner programs, Salesforce. “By leveraging the power of the Salesforce1 Platform, Kontiki provides customers with the proven social, mobile and connected cloud technologies to accelerate business success.”
About Salesforce AppExchange
Salesforce AppExchange is the world’s leading enterprise apps marketplace that empowers companies to sell, service, market and engage for the Internet of Customers. With more than 2,200 partner apps and more than 2.4 million customer installs, it is the most comprehensive source of social, mobile and connected cloud apps for business.
- Become a fan of salesforce.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/salesforce
- Follow salesforce.com on Twitter: https://twitter.com/salesforce
- Become a fan of Kontiki on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KontikiEnterpriseVideo
- Follow Kontiki on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KontikiBizVideo
Salesforce, Salesforce1, AppExchange and others are among the trademarks of salesforce.com, inc.
Powered by innovative technology, Kontiki pioneered the enterprise video platform and enterprise content delivery network markets, providing superior cloud-based content delivery and video applications across the enterprise. Kontiki’s video solutions enable consumer-grade video engagement with enterprise-grade control over video delivery for the world’s largest companies, including American Airlines, Wells Fargo, Nationwide and Nestle, serving nearly 2.2 million employees worldwide. Kontiki offers organizations the unique ability to globally deliver live broadcasts or video on demand to 100% of their employees, regardless of location, and to the full range of today’s business devices, including smart phones and tablets, without congesting networks or compromising video quality. Learn more about us at: http://www.kontiki.com/